Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baby Davin has made it home!


Wow! What an incredible experience... I was in labor for 27 hours... quite the long-haul. Josh was by my side walking the halls, holding trash cans while I "progressed". I took about 4 hot baths, and 3 showers within the 27 hours to help ease some of the contraction sensations. Grandma Connie made it just in time to help with the hardest part during transition... she held my head and breathed with me while Josh put counterpressure on my back... then 20 minutes of pushing and whalla! My baby was in my arms nursing at his own will within 5 minutes. I am so thankful for a healthy baby, loving support, and the chance to experience a natural labor. When Davin was first put into my arms I annouced, "This was so worth it... I'd do it all over again!" Everyone in the room looked and me and laughed... I paused, and sanely said, "In like 3 years!"

No comments: